2022 TEDxMarin Salon + After-Party
A TED Salon style event featuring five A-list speakers, Q&A + After-Party for attendees
Our first in-person speaker event (and After-Party) in two-and-a-half years. It is time.
As we connected with our community for a theme that resonated this year, we noticed a collective desire to pause, rethink, and possibly reconfigure our lives.
We heard it everywhere – people are questioning:
– whether to stay in California,
– how we can have a more civil democracy,
– whether to keep an unfulfilling job, or if they’ll have enough to retire,
and with almost everyone – given what we have gone thru with the Pandemic – expressing a desire to find greater meaning and purpose in everyday life.
So we have built our September program around those questions.
Saturday, September 17th at 6 pm.
We will feature a brief indoor/outdoor pre-show gathering with an OPEN WINE BAR and a few innovative companies on display.
And following the speaker program inside the James Dunn Theater, a private after-party for attendees at a nearby lounge (off-site).
TOPICS we expect our speakers to cover:
- CALIFORNIA: Is it time to leave California? A deep dive into the future of our state, especially the water crisis.
- MEANING: The best strategies for ensuring greater meaning and purpose in our daily lives and work.
- POLARIZATION: There is brand new research coming from a massive study on how to lower the toxic divisiveness in our hyper-partisan democracy. There may be good news.
- NATURE and AWE: A compelling look at scientific research showing the restorative powers of experiencing awe in the outdoors.
- INTENTIONAL COMMUNITIES: What is behind this emerging national movement? What are the various types of communities to choose from? Is it a viable option to counter rising housing costs?
Q&A with the speakers on stage.
CONVERSATION: Join the speakers, TEDxMarin Board members, and your fellow attendees at a private off-site after-party for post-show conversation and cocktails.
Tickets start at $32.50 but go up closer to the event
Passes include the pre-show wine tasting, the speaker program inside the spacious theater, and the after-party (nearby but off-site) for all attendees and speakers.
Ages 18 and over
Additional time info:
6:00 - 9:30 pm
835 College Ave., Kentfield, CA 94904