Authentic Childhood Photography Workshop
Authentic Childhood Photography Workshop. © Kristin Lunny
Learn how to use light, composition, and play to capture beautiful, authentic images of your child.
* Tuesdays, March 21 – April 28, 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
When you pick up your camera to photograph your child, there is a lot to think about. From how you choose to compose an image and work with the available light to how you engage with your child, it can feel overwhelming.
In this workshop, we will break down these decisions into manageable pieces, teaching you how to photograph your children in ways that capture their authentic selves beautifully.
In this 5-week course, you will:
- Learn ways to engage with your children that allow you to capture real emotion; no ‘cheese’ here. The images we create will pull at your heart and beg to be hung on your walls.
- Understand how to identify and use indoor and outdoor light confidently and creatively.
- Have a set of compositional tools and tricks ready each time you pull out your camera.
- Create stronger, more compelling images that will help you hold on to these longest, shortest times.
- Have the space to ask all the questions. We’re here to support your journey as a photographer.
Who Should Take This Workshop
Parents, grandparents, and caregivers who want to up their photography game. You have a DSLR camera and are familiar with how to use it and have a basic working knowledge of photography. Now you’re ready to learn more about how to take amazing photos of your kids.
You’re inspired to capture authentic moments and real emotion.
You want to learn how to use light, composition, and editing to more beautifully capture your children everyday.
$425 for five sessions.
Workshop Fee Includes
- Individual critique of workshop assignments
- High-resolution images provided for in-class work
- Group messaging system so you can share your progress while not in class
- Prints included – This workshop includes your selection of 3 11” x 17” class prints with your final session.
- Additional prints are available at a discounted rate, up to 7 prints total.
Contact: (415) 388-3569
Additional time info:
Registration is for five sessions!
Tuesday, March 21, 2:30–4:30pm: Refresh of camera basics & manual photography. Engaging with your children to encourage real emotion, getting in the frame, using point of view to capture authenticity. Homework assignment.
Tuesday, March 28, 2:30–4:30pm: Introduction to light, choosing and using outdoor light and practice session. Image sharing and questions. Homework assignment.
Tuesday, April 4, 2:30–4:30pm: Choosing and using indoor light, and practice session. Image sharing and questions. Homework assignment.
Tuesday, April 18, 2:30–4:30pm: Pulling it all together: compositional tools, photographing moving subjects, using depth. Practice session. Image sharing and questions. Homework assignment.
Tuesday, April 25, 2:30–4:30pm: Critique of students’ selected prints and celebration of student work. Tips for digital editing workflows.
328 Sir Francis Drake Blvd, San Anselmo, CA 94960
MORE FROM The Image Flow
Mar 23, 2023
Feb 6 - Mar 24, 2023
Apr 4, 2023
Apr 18, 2023