Cal Shakes Online
Furthering artistic practice and deepening community connections online
Run the Canon:
Cal Shakes Resident Dramaturg Philippa Kelly will be “running the canon” offering a new 10-minute video lecture each week now through Christmas. 37 weeks, all of Shakespeare’s 37 plays.
* We’re kicking it off with The Tempest.
Direct Address will include a series of panel discussions, interviews, podcasts and webinars offering industry and community support as well as behind-the-scenes insight beginning last week with two unemployment webinars for freelance artists and arts workers.
- In the first session, actor Safiya Fredricks outlined the application process for freelance artists.
- And in the second session, former Artistic Director of Playwrights Foundation Amy Mueller spoke with Cal Shakes HR consultant Neera Gunn about the new changes introduced by CARES Act.
#ShelterHereabouts – Inspired by Trinculo’s line from The Tempest, #ShelterHereabouts are a series of “micro-commissioned” monologues performed by Bay Area actors.
- First up, Phil Wong performs the program’s namesake speech.
- Stay Tuned for more awesome programming from Cal Shakes!
See our web page for More for Our Friends at Home, including: #ShelterHereabouts K-12 Edition, Mystery Shakespeare Theater 1592, Interactive Study Guides, What We’re Watching This Week, These Thre3 Seconds.