Call For Entries: Music as Muse
Please note, this event has expired.
We invite artists to submit works for our March 2018 O’Hanlon Gallery exhibit “Music as Muse.”
Entry Dates (in-person): Feb. 23 & 24
Please note Entry Dates/Times carefully. Entries must be hand-delivered on entry dates. Late delivery of artwork is not possible.
Jurors: Donna Seager & Paul Liberatore
So many great works of visual art have been inspired by Music!
- How does music inform your art?
- Do you listen to music when you create?
- How do the rhythms and patterns in your ears translate to your hands and into a visual form?
Works submitted for this exhibit may either involve Music as part of the subject matter, or may be works that were inspired by a specific musical selection or musical artist, group, etc. Sculptural and 3D pieces are welcome!
When dropping off your artwork, you’ll have a chance to write-up a brief note (optional) about what music is connected to your piece, which may be seen by the Jurors.
Contemporary, expressionistic, abstract, exploratory, and/or experimental entries encouraged.
MEDIA: All Media
- Open to all artists age 16 and over.
- Submission limit: 3 works per artist.
- Please do not submit works previously displayed in the O’Hanlon Gallery.
- All work must be ready for display.
- Wall hung pieces must be securely wired.
- Label all work with Artist’s name, Telephone, Medium, Size & Price, if for sale.
- Bring resume and/or artist statement, if desired. (2 pages max.)
Click web links for complete details.
Entry Fee: $30 OHCA members, $40 non-members, for up to three pieces.
Become a new OHCA member at the time of delivery and get your entry fee waived!
Additional time info:
In-person entry dates/times:
– Friday, Feb. 23: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
– Saturday, Feb. 24: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
616 Throckmorton Ave., Mill Valley, CA 94941
Street and parking lot parking
Please phone in advance regarding accessibility for people with disabilities, and we will make every effort to accommodate you.
Please phone in advance regarding accessibility for people with disabilities, and we will make every effort to accommodate you.View less
MORE FROM O’Hanlon Center for the Arts
Sep 23, 2020
Jun 8, 2020 - Jan 31, 2021
Apr 20, 2020 - Jan 31, 2021