Please Note: This event has expired.
Christina Amini: Hey creative person, this pep talk is for you
Christina Amini discusses how authentic relationships contribute to creative success.
Christina Amini reprises her recent Creative Mornings Talk at The Indie Alley on how authentic relationships contribute to creative success.
After 15 years and 500 projects at Chronicle Books, Christina traces the arc of many of her personal and professional projects—from starting a Pep Talk Squad to publishing a book of pop-up paper flowers.
Christina’s talk reflects on many years of making good things with good people. Amini’s talk will cover:
1. How authentic relationships lead to awesome projects and awesome projects bring us deeper into our relationships.
2. How long-term collaboration with Lea Redmond led to a bestselling series.
3. How a paper engineer created a book that changed a family’s life.
4. Christina’s answer to the question, “What is it that makes a masterpiece?” from her experience as a guide at SFMOMA
5. How working on projects with people Christina loves is what brought meaning to the projects, to the process, and to her.
6. And, of course, she gave a Pep Talk too.
Here’s a peek at Christina’s talk here. Christina’s talk at The Indie Alley will be followed by a Q&A.
About Christina Amini: Christina Amini is the Executive Publishing Director of Art, Food, and Lifestyle Publishing at renowned independent publisher Chronicle Books. She is happy to be a professional collaborator and creator—bringing new ideas to fruition every season, as well as overseeing the publishing of more than 100 books and gift products every year.
69 Bolinas Avenue, Fairfax, CA 94930
Parking is on the street in Fairfax but there is plenty of it!