Online Personalized Workshop
LOCAL>> Online Photography Course: Language of Light
Ongoing: Our workshop—re-designed: 5 hours of One-on-One Instruction via Zoom!
The Image Flow is now offering an online photography course of Leanne Hansen’s popular Language of Light Photography Workshop.
This five-hour private online photography class has been re-designed as One-on-One Video Sessions via Zoom and divided into 3 individual sessions.
[Photo © Leanne Hansen]
This online photography course is designed to help build your visual vocabulary and create original, expressive photographs with natural and found light.
Photographers often think in terms of an object that we want to photograph: a building, a scene in a park, a mountain, or a person. Yet we cannot move beyond basic documentation without fully understanding the qualities of light that surround our subjects, the way the camera “sees” light, and the creative tools we can use to make the most of the light that is available.
In this workshop, we will build and practice our “light vocabulary” so that we can expand the way that we see light when we are making photographs.
Three interactive online photography lessons are designed to illuminate concepts and inspire you to try new ways of photographing based on the light available to you.
Through individual practice and assignments, you will practice what you have learned on location, and in each online session we will review your work in detail.
Online Photography Class Details:
Concepts and Skills We Will Practice
- Seeing and photographing the dynamic qualities of light
- Managing the technical features of your camera to capture the light you love: ISO, shutter speed, and aperture; RAW vs. JPEG; working with the histogram, multiple exposures, and dynamic range; preparing for shooting outdoors and in low light
- Developing creative ideas and strategies that help you to make a photograph that matches your unique vision: Framing and POV; prospecting for personal and compelling shots; using screens and reflections; using different lenses; and learning from the pros
- Applying visual design concepts for stronger composition
Online Photography Lesson Schedule
- Session 1: (2 hours) Introduction, Lesson 1, Assignment
- Session 2: (1.5 hours) Online Critique, Lesson 2, Assignment
- Session 3: (1.5 hours) Online Critique, Lightroom Demo, Lesson 3
Email us or Call to schedule your sessions
MORE FROM The Image Flow
Mar 26 - Mar 28, 2021
Dec 28, 2020 - Sep 30, 2021