Please Note: This event has expired.
LOCAL>> ONLINE TEDxMarin Salon: Climate Change
Expert discussion on climate science, online: Huffman, Saffo, Boyer, Dahl, Koomey
Now moving Online Thursday, June 25
This program will discuss:
* Whether Climate Change relates to the likelihood of future pandemics
* How sea-level rise and extreme heat will affect the Bay Area
* New research on decarbonization solutions and the economic impacts
* What the Government is planning or NOT
* Where future energy technologies and solutions may be found
* What global human migration projections look like
We will also explore the emotional and human element of adaption to our new climate realities.
PAUL SAFFO Forecaster / Futurist will HOST this SALON and will discuss the current debate on climate science and what technologies may be coming in the near future.
REP JARED HUFFMAN US Congressman 2nd District, will discuss our Government’s Role and Challenges.
KATHARYN BOYER Ph.D. Ecologist and Professor will discuss the local impacts of sea-level rise to the Bay Area, and adaptation efforts underway to buffer wave energy and reduce shoreline erosion while restoring wildlife habitat.
JONATHAN KOOMEY Ph.D. Researcher, Author, and Entrepreneur will discuss Decarbonization, measuring success and the economic implications of climate solutions.
KRISTINA DAHL Ph.D. Senior Climate Scientist, Union of Concerned Scientists. Kristina will discuss the difficult choices we will wrestle with, including what are we willing to endure in the name of adapting to climate change if the ways of life we’re accustomed to are increasingly limited by the conditions outdoors.
Plus a Q&A segment