Please Note: This event has expired.
LOCAL>> The Box Show™ 2020
Back for 2020, online! – 150 IDENTICAL boxes become 150 UNIQUE works of art
Exhibit Dates: July 31 – September 12
Livestream Video Opening Tour:
* August 1st, 3:00 pm
Livestream Virtual Closing Event:
* September 12, 3:00 pm
As always, THE BOX SHOW™ will be installed in the gallery but due to COVID-19, the opening reception will be changed according to current health protocols.
In place of a conventional opening, a live-streamed video tour of the exhibition will be available on Saturday, August 1st, starting at 3pm. Please view the video below.
In-person viewing by appointment begins August 14 and continues on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, 11am-5pm through September 12. Walk-ups are accepted when open, and parties are limited to 8-10 people. All must wear a mask while in the gallery and maintain physical distance from others. The boxes are for viewing only, no touching nor handling of the artwork is allowed. Book a viewing time.
Each week the gallery will also provide videos of different thematic sections of the exhibit, with additional artist-provided information, ideas and details about the intention behind the creation of specific works.
Finally, the closing event will be a Live Auction on Saturday, September 12 at 3pm.
All bidding will be done through an online system, so even if bidders can’t be present at the event they can still make bids.
Live Auction Instructions:
- Whether you just want to view the auction to see how the bids are going, or wish to join in the fun and participate in the online auction, go to Qgiv.
- When you register for the auction you will be directed to download the “givi” app to your phone or tablet in order to bid. Alternatives to this are available, just ask!
Box Show Virtual Closing Event:
Saturday, September 12, 3-4pm, we will be livestreaming video from the gallery, directly from the Box Show. You can view the livestream right on the Homepage of GRO’s website.
- We will be joined by many special guests who will share with viewers some of the things that make Gallery Route One so special, sharing with the public their favorite boxes in the show.
- The gallery will encourage not only those final bids but will also be happy to receive any donations to our Fund-a-Need items.
- We’ll also be announcing the names of those who will be in the Box Show next year, whether by bidding on the opportunity or by purchasing raffle tickets.
Immediately following the close of the auction and the Box Show Virtual Closing Event, we will begin the process of distributing the Boxes to the Winning Bidders
Free to attend
Additional time info:
Available all day online
This event is scheduled to be online during the whole run, and we will have a closing event on September 12, livestreamed from the Gallery (3:00-5:00 pm).
In-person viewing by appointment. Viewing parties are limited to 8-10 people. 11 AM to 5 PM. All must wear a mask while in the gallery and maintain physical distance from others. The boxes are for viewing only, no touching nor handling of the artwork is allowed. Book a viewing time