Please Note: This event has expired.
Open Call for Artists: BASL–Bay Art Seekers Lounge, Juried Group Exhibition
Group exhibition dedicated to amplifying the diverse voices of CA’s creative community
Voss Gallery is accepting entries for “BASL (Bay Art Seekers Lounge),” a group exhibition dedicated to amplifying the diverse voices of the Bay Area’s creative community.
Submit up to three works that best represent your signature artistic style; all themes and subject matter welcome. A ‘Juror’s Choice’ award and two honorable mentions will be selected by guest juror, Cecilia Chia.
The exhibition is on view December 2, 2020 – January 31, 2021. An award ceremony and exhibition preview with the juror will be held virtually on Instagram Live (@vossgallery) on Thursday, December 3rd, 6-7PM PST. Stay tuned for more information about our VIP evenings to view the work in person in an elevated and fun atmosphere.
* Deadlines for Entries: Sunday, Nov. 22nd (11:59PM)
* Notification by Email: Tuesday, Nov. 24th
* Delivery of Selected Works: November 25 – 29th, 12-6PM or by appointment (will be coordinated via email)
* Return of Unsold Work: January 31 – February 6th, 12-6PM or by appointment (will be coordinated via email)
* All work must be 10 x 10 inches (and may not exceed 10 inches off the wall)
* All mediums are welcome to apply – must be ready to hang securely on wall (no freestanding sculptures)
* Entry Fee is $10 for one submission and $15 for up to three works
* Artists must be 18 + years and have a relationship to the San Francisco Bay Area (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, & Sonoma). Due to popular demand, artists in Sacramento and Los Angeles are welcome to apply.
Please contact Voss Gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-234-3691 with any questions.
Cecilia Chia is the founder, owner and director of Glass Rice, a contemporary art gallery in San Francisco, CA. She is a San Francisco native and was born and raised in the Outer Richmond. After moving to Beijing in her second half of high-school and later on to New York where she earned her Bachelor’s degree from Sarah Lawrence College, she returned to the Bay Area with a strong drive to uplift, inspire, and bring people together in her community through art.
3344 24th St. 94110