Outreach – Teacher Training for Social Justice
Please note, this event has expired.
Learn about using Drama Therapy and Shakespeare to open minds and hearts
Are you an actor, director or theatre teacher who wants to use the power of theatre to help others?
Join one of our Shakespeare for Social Justice Instructor Training Workshops to learn about using Drama Therapy and Shakespeare to open minds and hearts.
- Join us for this unique training and explore:
- What is “social justice” and how can theatre and other arts programs support social justice.
- Benefits and pitfalls of bringing theater to a prison and/or institutional environment.
- How to use Shakespeare in institutionalized settings to awaken self-expression, self-esteem and pro-social skills
- How Shakespeare can be used as an inspiration for exploring, sharing and performing one’s own life stories.
The Workshop will be facilitated by Suraya Keating, Shakespeare for Social Justice Director, who has over a decade of experience teaching at San Quentin and other programs.
514 Fourth Street, San Rafael, CA 94901