Please Note: This event has expired.
San Rafael Parade of Lights & Winter Wonderland
The San Rafael 40th Annual Parade of Lights and Winter Wonderland
Downtown San Rafael will once again host its annual Holiday Parade & Winter Wonderland.
In its 40th year, the event features a Holiday Marketplace with arts and crafts, live entertainment, children’s activities, snow sledding, and one of the largest Holiday Parades in the Bay Area.
The event is attended by people from all over the Bay Area. It also enjoys a very local feel and is known as a great destination for people of all ages. The event starts at noon with free snow sledding and kids’ activities and a Holiday Marketplace. The Parade begins at 5:30 PM.
Following the Parade, Santa, Ms. Claus and other costumed characters arrive with the Mayor of San Rafael to the center of town in the City Plaza to light the official Holiday Tree. Following the Tree Lighting Ceremony, Santa and friends are available for a meet and greet with the kids.
The event takes place the day after Thanksgiving, one of the biggest shopping days of the year. Don’t miss this great opportunity to take advantage of the Holiday shopping season.
SNOW HILL DETAILS:
- $5 per child for unlimited rides or $2 per ride
- Sleds provided at snow hill- no need to bring your own
- Must be 15 and younger and be able to ride alone
- Parents cannot ride with child
- Sledding hill only, no snow play area
Friday, November 29, 2019
* Snow Sledding: Noon – 4:30 PM, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
* Marketplace: Noon – 8:00 PM
* Parade: 5:30 PM
Fourth Street ~ B Street to Lootens San Rafael, CA
Saturday, November 30, 2019
* Snow & Kids’ activities: 9:00 AM – Noon
A Street ~ Fourth to Fifth
RAIN OR SHINE!*
* In case of rain, snow activities may be suspended if we feel the snow sledding is a public safety issue
Additional time info:
Fri, Nov 29: 4:30 – 8:00 pm
Sat, Nov 30: 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
San Rafael, CA 94901