Please Note: This event has expired.
Somos el Son
The Kanbar Center at the Osher Marin JCC presents the multicultural flavors, movement, live music and fun of the Winter Nights festival, with one of the hottest new Latin/Salsa bands in the Bay Area, Somos el Son.
MarinArts special offer! Use code MARTS for 10% discount
Led by Peruvian-born vocalist and percussion master Braulio Barrera, who earned a Grammy Award for his work with the Pacific Mambo Orchestra, Somos el Son is a relatively new addition to the Bay Area Latin music scene.
Launched four years ago, the potent 10-piece combo plays a dance-inducing repertoire of classic salsa and finely wrought originals.
A well-traveled and highly versatile musician who played cajón on Gustavo Santaolalla’s soundtrack for the 2004 film The Motorcycle Diaries, Barrera has attracted a world-class cast of players, including trumpeter and Pacific Mambo Orchestra co-founder Steffen Kuehn.
The evening begins with a pre-concert Salsa dance class from Santa Rosa Salsa to get you up and moving throughout the night and intermission will offer a dance presentation. Cocktails and dinners available at 7pm from Epicurean Group’s own on-site pop-up restaurant offering light Latin dinners.
Come shake off your winter blues with a joyful night of performance, dance and fun!
Watch, Learn, Participate, Enjoy!
Reserved Table Seating
– Advance: $30 – Public / $27 – JCC Members
– Day Of: $35
– Advance: $25 – Public / $22 – JCC Members
– Day Of: $30
Age 17 and under – All Ticket Types: $10
Additional time info:
7:00 pm – Doors Open, Pop up Restaurant, Concessions, No-host bar
7:30 pm – Pre-concert Salsa Class from Santa Rosa Salsa
8:00 pm – Show Starts
Latin dance demonstration during intermission
200 N. San Pedro Rd., San Rafael, CA 94903
From Highway 101 in San Rafael, take the North San Pedro exit and head east. The Osher Marin JCC, at 200 N. San Pedro Road, is on the right-hand side, half a mile from the freeway exit.
* The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center’s parking lot is located directly in front of the building with parking spaces for disabled patrons available.
* Additional parking is available at the JCC Annex lot, located at 210 N. San Pedro Road (just east of the main campus). In the event of multiple programs, or heavily attended events, overflow vehicles may be directed to available street parking or on adjacent properties.
* Evenings and weekends only: There is additional parking across the street at Venetia Valley School.