Summer Nights: Henry Kapono w/ Johnny Valentine
Please note, this event has expired.
Hawaiian favorites Henry Kapono and Johnny Valentine – a magical evening under beautiful Marin skies with live music, food, cocktails, Kid Zone, and more
Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts
Henry Kapono is a performer who has it all – vocalist, guitarist, songwriter, composer, thrilling performer, audience favorite—and multiple honors and awards, including a Grammy nomination.
His original songs with a rock vibe celebrate his love for his family, express his pride in his Hawaiian culture, and share his joy in his home in the Islands!
Kapono has received 14 Na Hoku Hanohano Awards (Hawaii’s “Grammy”) including Lifetime Achievement.
Special Guest Johnny Valentine
A multiple Hawaii Music Award Winner, Johnny Valentine has spent most of his life entertaining in the heart of Waikiki. From shows to nightclubs, Johnny has become known as Hawaii’s most versatile singer, and his nephew Bruno Mars debuted at Johnny’s popular show.
Tonight they’ll be showcasing Henry’s classics plus his new CD WELCOME 2 MY PARADISE!
The evening will begin with a Hula performance from Hula-On Productions: Halau Hula Na Pua O Ka La’akea
Dinners available for purchase on site from Mauna Loa Hawaiian BBQ
Kid Zone will be hosted by: Trips for Kids Marin
Dinners, snacks, coffee, tea, sodas beer, wine, cocktails available for purchase or bring a picnic.
No glass or alcohol allowed to be brought in.
The Osher Marin JCC’s outdoor music series has been created to celebrate diversity, find commonalities, and bring generations together through live music. Five consecutive Saturday nights of great music, under beautiful Marin Skies in an intimate and beautiful setting.
2018 Summer Nights Series
7/7: Afro-Cuban – Ricardo Lemvo & Makina Loca
7/14: Hawaiian – Henry Kapono with Special Guest Johnny Valentine
7/21: Soul Jive – Royal Jelly Jive – Marin Academy’s: Kathryn & the PBAC opens
7/28: Americana Folk Pop – Kuinka with Special Guests The Rainbow Girls
8/4: Latin Big Band – Pacific Mambo Orchestra
* General Admission: $25 – Advance, $32 – Day of — including turf and rear chair seating
* Single Adult: $38 – Advance, $40 – Day of — seat at cabaret table
* Full Cabaret Table for 4 Adults: $140 – Advance only
* Full Picnic Table with 8 Adults: $240 – Advance only — near playground
* Kids 17 & under are FREE
Additional time info:
5:00 pm – Box Office Opens
6:00 pm – Doors open for sponsors, underwriters, Century Circle members, subscribers and special guests. Concessions and full bar open. Dinners available for purchase.
6:15 pm – Doors open for public
7:00 pm – Dance Performance
7:20 pm – Concert Begins
9:30 pm – Concert Over
200 N. San Pedro Rd., San Rafael, CA 94903
From Highway 101 in San Rafael, take the North San Pedro exit and head east. The Osher Marin JCC, at 200 N. San Pedro Road, is on the right-hand side, half a mile from the freeway exit.
* The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center’s parking lot is located directly in front of the building with parking spaces for disabled patrons available.
* Additional parking is available at the JCC Annex lot, located at 210 N. San Pedro Road (just east of the main campus). In the event of multiple programs, or heavily attended events, overflow vehicles may be directed to available street parking or on adjacent properties.
* Evenings and weekends only: There is additional parking across the street at Venetia Valley School.