Please Note: This event has expired.
Summer Nights: Pacific Mambo Orchestra
Salsa, Mambo, Latin Jazz, Cha Cha Cha – with food, cocktails, Kid Zone, and dancing
Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts
The Latin big band returns to Summer Nights!
2014 Grammy® Award winning Pacific Mambo Orchestra is a 19-piece Latin Big Band that plays Salsa, Mambo, Latin Jazz, Cha Cha Cha along with a fusion of sounds that incorporate more modern genres.
They deliver original music and clever, modern arrangements of hit songs, paving the way to a bold new sound designed to reach the next generation of Big Band listeners. All of this and more in a beautiful, safe, family friendly setting.
The evening will begin with a pre-concert Latin dance class from Santa Rosa Salsa.
Dinners available for purchase on site from Marin Country Mart’s El Huarache Loco
Kid Zone will be hosted by: Brandeis Marin School
Dinners, snacks, coffee, tea, sodas beer, wine, cocktails available for purchase or bring a picnic.
No glass or alcohol allowed to be brought in.
MarinArts is proud to be a Summer Nights Media Sponsor.
The Osher Marin JCC’s outdoor music series has been created to celebrate diversity, find commonalities, and bring generations together through live music. Five consecutive Saturday nights of great music, under beautiful Marin Skies in an intimate and beautiful setting.
2018 Summer Nights Series
7/7: Afro-Cuban – Ricardo Lemvo & Makina Loca
7/14: Hawaiian – Henry Kapono with Special Guest Johnny Valentine
7/21: Soul Jive – Royal Jelly Jive – Marin Academy’s: Kathryn & the PBAC opens
7/28: Americana Folk Pop – Kuinka with Special Guests The Rainbow Girls
8/4: Latin Big Band – Pacific Mambo Orchestra
* General Admission: $25 – Advance, $32 – Day of — including turf and rear chair seating
* Single Adult: $38 – Advance, $40 – Day of — seat at cabaret table
* Full Cabaret Table for 4 Adults: $140 – Advance only
* Full Picnic Table with 8 Adults: $240 – Advance only — near playground
* Kids 17 & under are FREE
Additional time info:
5:00 pm – Box Office Opens
6:00 pm – Doors open for sponsors, underwriters, Century Circle members, subscribers and special guests. Concessions and full bar open. Dinners available for purchase.
6:15 pm – Doors open for public
6:35 pm – Dance Instruction
7:00 pm – Concert Begins
9:30 pm – Concert Over
200 N. San Pedro Rd., San Rafael, CA 94903
From Highway 101 in San Rafael, take the North San Pedro exit and head east. The Osher Marin JCC, at 200 N. San Pedro Road, is on the right-hand side, half a mile from the freeway exit.
* The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center’s parking lot is located directly in front of the building with parking spaces for disabled patrons available.
* Additional parking is available at the JCC Annex lot, located at 210 N. San Pedro Road (just east of the main campus). In the event of multiple programs, or heavily attended events, overflow vehicles may be directed to available street parking or on adjacent properties.
* Evenings and weekends only: There is additional parking across the street at Venetia Valley School.