Summer Nights: Royal Jelly Jive
Please note, this event has expired.
Local rising star Royal Jelly Jive – funky jazz, food, cocktails, Kid Zone, and more
Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts
Few bands have the ability to evoke an old-school throwback vibe and yet sound entirely fresh and new at the same time. Royal Jelly Jive is one of those bands. Combining elements of Soul, Rock, Swing and Hip-Hop, Royal Jelly Jive shakes up any dance-party and grooves harder than your typical rock n’ roll band dares to go.
Fronted by the enigmatic singer Lauren Bjelde, who brings a one-of-a-kind sultry voice to her magnetic stage presence, Royal Jelly leans on the sounds of swingin’ horns, gritty keys and a bumpin’ rhythm section to carry a crowd into bliss… creating an unforgettable live experience that will leave you wanting more.
And from Marin Academy’s band: Kathryn and PBAC will open!
Kid Zone will be hosted by: Wildcare
Dinners available for purchase on site from The Epicurean Group
Dinners, snacks, coffee, tea, sodas beer, wine, cocktails available for purchase or bring a picnic.
No glass or alcohol allowed to be brought in.
The Osher Marin JCC’s outdoor music series has been created to celebrate diversity, find commonalities, and bring generations together through live music. Five consecutive Saturday nights of great music, under beautiful Marin Skies in an intimate and beautiful setting.
2018 Summer Nights Series
7/7: Afro-Cuban – Ricardo Lemvo & Makina Loca
7/14: Hawaiian – Henry Kapono with Special Guest Johnny Valentine
7/21: Soul Jive – Royal Jelly Jive – Marin Academy’s: Kathryn & the PBAC opens
7/28: Americana Folk Pop – Kuinka with Special Guests The Rainbow Girls
8/4: Latin Big Band – Pacific Mambo Orchestra
* General Admission: $25 – Advance, $32 – Day of — including turf and rear chair seating
* Single Adult: $38 – Advance, $40 – Day of — seat at cabaret table
* Full Cabaret Table for 4 Adults: $140 – Advance only
* Full Picnic Table with 8 Adults: $240 – Advance only — near playground
* Kids 17 & under are FREE
Additional time info:
5:00 pm – Box Office Opens
6:00 pm – Doors open for sponsors, underwriters, Century Circle members, subscribers and special guests. Concessions and full bar open. Dinners available for purchase.
6:15 pm – Doors open for public
7:00 pm – Concert Begins
9:30 pm – Concert Over
200 N. San Pedro Rd., San Rafael, CA 94903
From Highway 101 in San Rafael, take the North San Pedro exit and head east. The Osher Marin JCC, at 200 N. San Pedro Road, is on the right-hand side, half a mile from the freeway exit.
* The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center’s parking lot is located directly in front of the building with parking spaces for disabled patrons available.
* Additional parking is available at the JCC Annex lot, located at 210 N. San Pedro Road (just east of the main campus). In the event of multiple programs, or heavily attended events, overflow vehicles may be directed to available street parking or on adjacent properties.
* Evenings and weekends only: There is additional parking across the street at Venetia Valley School.