Please Note: This event has expired.
The Poetry Submission Tea Party
Mill Valley Library & Marin Poetry Center Present The Poetry Submission Tea Party
Free event in a supportive space that will give strategies for submitting poetry for publication.
* Thursday, January 26, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Have you been curious about, pondering, or procrastinating submitting your poetry to literary journals and magazines? Let’s do it together in real time! Join us for this free, fun event in a supportive space that will give strategies, encouragement and inspiration to submitting your poetry for publication.
The event will be led by Francesca Bell, a poet, translator, and poetry editor. Her first collection, Bright Stain (Red Hen Press), was a finalist for the Washington State Book Award and the Julie Suk Award. Her second collection, What Small Sound (Red Hen Press), will be published this year, as will a collection of Max Sessner’s poems, Whoever Drowned Here, that she translated from German. Francesca’s work appears widely in magazines such as ELLE, North American Review, Mid-AmericanReview, Rattle and Salamander. She’s served as poetry editor of River Styx, will serve as guest editor of the B O D Y and is the current translation editor of Los Angeles Review.
- Submission Strategies and Tips plus time for Questions & Answers.
- Roundtable community discussion on sharing best practices for submissions.
- A variety of teas (non-caffeinated and caffeinated options).
- Light snacks to keep you energized.
- Party favors (so we can celebrate each time someone completes a submission!).
- 5-10 poems that you feel are ready to submit.
- Your laptop! (The library has free WIFI and there are a few library computers available first come, first serve, if you don’t have a laptop).
- Your favorite tea cup & stirring spoon.
- A few literary journals for sharing (we’ll have an area where people can look through literary journals they might not normally have access to for ideas on where to submit).
Contact: (415) 389-4292 ext 2
Additional time info:
6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
375 Throckmorton Ave., Mill Valley, CA 94941