Please Note: This event has expired.
Voice Acting for Anime Pt 2 - Karen Strassman
Step inside the booth to learn the process, technique & art of dubbing Japanese anime!
Congratulations!! You sent in a killer audition and got the great news that you booked the job!
This new workshop hosted by voice actress Karen Strassman will focus on the process, technique and art of an anime recording session. Participants will get to practice dubbing scenes from an actual anime series.
Karen will cover:
– Everything that will be expected of you during the session
– Lip sync and timing
– Mic technique
– Finding and honing your character and keeping it consistent
– Efforts and breathing
– How to match the emotions and feel of the original Japanese version but really bring your performance to life in English
– How to make sure there is life and motion in your performance
– How to best collaborate with your director and engineer
– Some fun insiders’ tips and tricks, and much more…
All levels welcome. Participation is limited so that Karen can get quality time with each person there.
Register now on Eventbrite!
14 Commercial Blvd, Suite 115, Novato, CA 94949