The 26th Annual Summer Nights Series of live music, food, cocktails, dancing, kid fun and more
Afro-Cuban dance music, outdoors in a beautiful, safe, family-friendly setting
Congo born musician and singer, Ricardo Lemvo, arrives with his band, Makina Loco, along with their blend of Afro-Cuban rhythms with pan-African styles.
Since forming his Los Angeles-based band Makina Loca in 1990, Lemvo has refined his craft and vision, raising his joyous voice with strength, singing songs that celebrate life, and most importantly, inspiring his audiences to let loose and dance away their worries.
The portable dance floor will be on the turf and the pre-concert Salsa Class will be led by Salsa Marin.
Dinners available for purchase on site from El Huarache Loco.
Kid Zone will be hosted by: JCC Summer Camp
Dinners, snacks, coffee, tea, sodas beer, wine, cocktails available for purchase or bring a picnic.
No glass or alcohol allowed to be brought in.
MarinArts is proud to be a Summer Nights Media Sponsor.
The Osher Marin JCC’s outdoor music series has been created to celebrate diversity, find commonalities, and bring generations together through live music. Five consecutive Saturday nights of great music, under beautiful Marin Skies in an intimate and beautiful setting.
2018 Summer Nights Series
7/7: Afro-Cuban – Ricardo Lemvo & Makina Loca
7/14: Hawaiian – Henry Kapono with Special Guest Johnny Valentine
7/21: Soul Jive – Royal Jelly Jive – Marin Academy’s: Kathryn & the PBAC opens
7/28: Americana Folk Pop – Kuinka with Special Guests The Rainbow Girls
8/4: Latin Big Band – Pacific Mambo Orchestra
* General Admission: $25 – Advance, $32 – Day of — including turf and rear chair seating
* Single Adult: $38 – Advance, $40 – Day of — seat at cabaret table
* Full Cabaret Table for 4 Adults: $140 – Advance only
* Full Picnic Table with 8 Adults: $240 – Advance only — near playground
* Kids 17 & under are FREE
Additional time info:
7:00 – 10:00 pm
5:00 pm – Box Office Opens
6:00 pm – Doors open for sponsors, underwriters, Century Circle members, subscribers and special guests. Concessions and full bar open. Dinners available for purchase.
6:15 pm – Doors open for public
6:35 pm – Dance Instruction Begins
7:00 pm – Concert Begins
9:30 pm – Concert Over
From Highway 101 in San Rafael, take the North San Pedro exit and head east. The Osher Marin JCC, at 200 N. San Pedro Road, is on the right-hand side, half a mile from the freeway exit.
* The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center’s parking lot is located directly in front of the building with parking spaces for disabled patrons available.
* Additional parking is available at the JCC Annex lot, located at 210 N. San Pedro Road (just east of the main campus). In the event of multiple programs, or heavily attended events, overflow vehicles may be directed to available street parking or on adjacent properties.
* Evenings and weekends only: There is additional parking across the street at Venetia Valley School.