Winter Nights at the Osher Marin JCC presents a night of festive “Celtic/Jam Band Fusion” that is best described as Celtic Tradition meets Summer of Love Rock.
MarinArts special offer! Use code MARTS for 10% discount
The Kanbar Center at the Osher Marin JCC brings the multicultural flavors, movement, live music and fun of Summer Festivals indoors to shake up those Winter Nights.
Come celebrate the influences of Irish music as this acoustic sextet re-imagines the classic songs of the Grateful Dead and more for a rollicking sonic excursion that has delighted audiences for over 18 years.
Wake the Dead is a romp that flows seamlessly from rock grooves to hot Irish reels, and from haunting airs to achingly beautiful melodies familiar to Deadheads everywhere with vocal harmonies that float like clouds. The music takes off and the band follows, grinning all the way.
These aren’t worlds colliding – they’re worlds meshing, coalescing, creating a whole new world of possibility, and true to the spirits of the Grateful Dead and the eternally hopeful Celts.
“Wake the Dead is a thorough delight from start to end. You’ve never heard songs like ‘Bertha and ‘Bird Song’ quite like this, and it’s likely that you’ll never listen to them in quite the same way again.”
—Gary Lambert, Grateful Dead Almanac
Pre-concert dance demonstration. Cocktails and dinners available from Epicurean Group’s own on-site pop-up restaurant offering cultural light meals to match the evening.
Come shake off your winter blues with a joyful night of rollicking live music, dancing and fun!
Reserved Table Seating
– Advance: $30 – Public / $27 – JCC Members
– Day Of: $35
– Advance: $25 – Public / $22 – JCC Members
– Day Of: $30
Age 17 and under – All Ticket Types: $10
Additional time info:
7:00 pm – Doors, Cocktails, Concessions, Pop-up Restaurant
7:30 pm – Dance Demonstration
8:00 pm – Live Music
From Highway 101 in San Rafael, take the North San Pedro exit and head east. The Osher Marin JCC, at 200 N. San Pedro Road, is on the right-hand side, half a mile from the freeway exit.
* The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center’s parking lot is located directly in front of the building with parking spaces for disabled patrons available.
* Additional parking is available at the JCC Annex lot, located at 210 N. San Pedro Road (just east of the main campus). In the event of multiple programs, or heavily attended events, overflow vehicles may be directed to available street parking or on adjacent properties.
* Evenings and weekends only: There is additional parking across the street at Venetia Valley School.