Fire Safe Marin and Marin Wildfire Prevention Authority present “Ember Stomp,” the first-ever wildfire prevention festival in Marin County.
This free event held on May 28, 2022 at the Civic Center Children’s Island will be a celebration of Marin County’s groundbreaking community effort to reduce the risk of a catastrophic wildfire.
The festival will feature live music, hands-on activities, awards and entertainment, and lots of great food, inviting all Marin residents to explore ways to keep fire-safe.
- A “Demo House” area, a fully constructed small model house that showcases home hardening features and materials.
- A “Demo Garden,” organized by UC Master Gardeners, that will teach people about the principles of fire-smart landscaping.
- Vendors and partners with contributing messages will surround these areas.
- The Marin Wildfire Prevention Authority, fire agencies and Firewise communities will share an area to answer questions and welcome people.
- The main stage will feature 4 bands.
- A small stage will provide a platform for kids entertainment and fire prevention demonstrations.
- Awards will be announced throughout the day to highlight the great work of our partners and the people who lead the way.
All ages are welcome.
Follow Fire Safe Marin on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get event details as they are released or visit our website.