AN EVENING WITH PAULA POUNDSTONE
Please note, this event has expired.
The Kanbar Center for the Performance & the Other Cafe Comedy Showcase present the star of NPR’s “Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me”, PAULA POUNDSTONE. 1 Night Only on April 22, 2017. Hysterical, Spontaneous, Smart Comedy.
Heralded as one of our country’s foremost comics, Paula Poundstone‘s quick-thinking, unscripted approach to comedy makes for a perfect fit as a regular panelist on NPR’s #1 show, the screwball weekly news quiz show WAIT WAIT… DON’T TELL ME! She also tours regularly, performing standup comedy across the country and is a legend among comics and audiences alike for her remarkable ability to be spontaneous with a crowd. Her interchanges are never mean or done at a person’s expense. She even manages to handle politics without provoking the pall of disapproval received by less artful comics. With the exception of that one time, Paula claims.
… there’s a disarming ease in her craft, an immediate sense that she’s so quick on her feet you need never worry about the possibility of something going wrong. Nick Zaino with the Boston Globe
What to Expect: Hysterical, spontaneous, surprising smart comedy. The unexpected.
Reserved Table seating and General Admission single seats available
Concessions:A selection of cocktails, wine, beer, soft drinks along with coffee, tea and a variety of snacks and freshly baked goods available for purchase. Concessions may be enjoyed throughout the performance in the theater. No table service. Concessions allowed in theater
Post Event:“Meet the Artist”
This Event takes place in the grand Hoytt Theater
|6:45 – 9:30 pm
7:25 – 7:45 pm
|No Host Cocktails
Special VIP Artist’s Reception
Performance Begins/No Intermission
Four Seating options:
- VIP Gold Seating: Reserved, Front Row, Table Seating + pre-event reception
- VIP Reserved Seating: Reserved, Orchestra Table Seating + pre-event reception
- Reserved Table Seating: Reserved, Perimeter Table Seating
- General Admission: Single, Unreserved Outside Perimeter Seating
$34.50 – $74.50
200 N. San Pedro Rd., San Rafael, CA 94903
From Highway 101 in San Rafael, take the North San Pedro exit and head east. The Osher Marin JCC, at 200 N. San Pedro Road, is on the right-hand side, half a mile from the freeway exit.
* The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center’s parking lot is located directly in front of the building with parking spaces for disabled patrons available.
* Additional parking is available at the JCC Annex lot, located at 210 N. San Pedro Road (just east of the main campus). In the event of multiple programs, or heavily attended events, overflow vehicles may be directed to available street parking or on adjacent properties.
* Evenings and weekends only: There is additional parking across the street at Venetia Valley School.