Improv for Interaction - "If I"®
Please note, this event has expired.
Reduce Social Anxiety • Strengthen Communication • Build Confidence • Make Friends
Classes incorporate Elaine Hall’s Inclusion from Within – “I Win” ® and The Miracle Project ® methodology.
Students will be guided through improv sessions to practice skills needed for positive social interaction, relationships, and job skills.
- Building successful and sustaining friendships
- Creating positive relationships/dating
- Reading ‘cues’
- Setting and respecting appropriate boundaries
- Self-care and positive personal appearance
- Telling and ‘getting’ jokes
- Understanding idioms – different ways words and phrases can be used – socially not always literally
- Using improvisation to discover your unique talents and abilities to find work that you enjoy
- Practicing job skills in a creative supportive environment
- Tools to ease anxiety and develop self-regulation
- Creative ways to deal with teasing and bullying
- Ways to increase flexibility, spontaneity, imagination and playfulness
- Having fun!
The Miracle Project uses a groundbreaking evidence-based methodology that brings out the best in all participants. The Miracle Project is an evidence-based intervention that can help in easing anxiety, increasing confidence, and enhancing self esteem.
“I’ve recently joined The Miracle Project in Redwood City, CA. The workshops have been fascinating and we get to know each other in ways that has opened many doors to performance ethics, creativity, and even friendship!”
– Stacey (Summer Workshop Participant)
72 Kensington Road, San Anselmo, CA 94960