Improv for Interaction - "If I" ®
Please note, this event has expired.
Improvisation workshop — discover your talents and abilities through creative arts
Reduce Social Anxiety • Strengthen Communication • Build Confidence
IMPROV FOR INTERACTION – “IF I”
De Colores presents this 8-week workshop beginning January 24th, in Collaboration with Lizz Domash, RMT, MCAT Registered Creative Arts Therapist.
Classes incorporate Elaine Hall’s Inclusion from Within – “I Win” ® and The Miracle Project ® methodology.
Students will be guided through improv sessions to practice skills needed for positive social interaction, relationships, and job skills.
- Building successful and sustaining friendships
- Creating positive relationships/dating
- Reading ‘cues’
- Setting and respecting appropriate boundaries
- Self-care and positive personal appearance
- Telling and ‘getting’ jokes
- Understanding idioms – different ways words and phrases can be used – socially not always literally
- Using improvisation to discover your unique talents and abilities to find work that you enjoy
- Practicing job skills in a creative supportive environment
- Tools to ease anxiety and develop self-regulation
- Creative ways to deal with teasing and bullying
- Ways to increase flexibility, spontaneity, imagination and playfulness
- Having fun!
New Student Application Fee: $60 (non-refundable, applied towards total if enrolled)
No Application Fee For Returning Students
Cost: $360 for 8-week session, includes all materials
Ages 18 and up
(Ages 16+ admitted upon approval)
Contact: (415) 578-0410
Additional time info:
Wednesdays, 4:00 – 5:30 pm (excluding Feb. 21)
72 Kensigton Road, San Anselmo, CA