Guest Concert Series: Kevin Kenner
Please note, this event has expired.
Prize-winning pianist returns to Dominican performing Chopin
The leading American pianist Kevin Kenner’s artistry has been recognized throughout the world.
He has won the top prizes in the most prestigious competitions: Tchaikovsky International Competition, Van Cliburn International Piano Competition and the International Chopin Piano Competition, in which he served as a juror in 2010.
Kenner has appeared around the world as a soloist with leading orchestras and as a recitalist in major halls. He is also creator and artistic director of the Ensemble XIX, performing the concert music of Chopin on 19th century instruments.
He is returning this afternoon to the Dominican stage with an all Chopin program.
“one of the finest American pianists to come along in years” – Chicago Tribune
* Nocturne in D Flat Major, Op. 27 No. 2
* Polonaise in F Sharp Minor, Op. 44
* Barcarolle, Op. 60
* Scherzo No. 1 In B Minor, Op. 20
* Mazurkas, Op. 59
— No. 1 in A Minor
— No. 2 in A Flat Major
— No. 3 in F Sharp Minor
* Sonata No. 3 in B Minor, Op. 58
$18 – General
$15 – Discount for seniors over 60 Admission is free to students under 18*, Community College students with valid IDs and K–12 classroom music teachers
– Single tickets will be sold at the door only
– Tickets are available for purchase 30 minutes prior to each performance
* All elementary and middle school students must be accompanied and supervised by adults. Please note, these programs are not intended for ages 5 and younger.
Additional time info:
20 Olive Ave., Dominican University Of California, San Rafael, CA 94901