LOCAL>> Can Comics Save Our Democracy
Please note, this event has expired.
Zoom: Author & illustrator discuss themes from their new nonfiction graphic novel
Unrig: How to Fix Our Broken Democracy is a new, nonfiction graphic novel by Daniel G. Newman with art by George O’Connor, outlining key problems in American democracy, proven solutions, and stories of activists working to effect change.
The book documents the corrosive influence of money in politics, gerrymandering, voter suppression, the failings of the electoral college, flaws in our current voting methods and more — and how to fix them, in a format that makes the content widely accessible.
KWMR host Chris Desser interviews author Dan Newman and illustrator George O’Connor discussing key themes from the book, the creative process behind visualizing how to fix our democracy, and the reforms we can put in place to create a more responsive, accountable government.
This event is brought to you as a partnership between the Dance Palace, KWMR, and Point Reyes Books.
Zoom event, registration is free (you must register through Eventbrite), though donations are gratefully accepted and will be shared by the Dance Palace and KWMR.
- To donate, please visit www.dancepalace.org/donate-now and mention this event (“Unrig”) by name in the comments section in order to ensure proper distribution of funds.
- You can buy the book from our event partner, Point Reyes Books.
– Registration is required and will end 60 minutes before the scheduled start time.
– Online capacity is limited; one registration is sufficient for all those watching on a single device.
– Registered attendees will receive an Eventbrite email with the Zoom link 15-30 minutes prior to the start of the program.
Contact: (415) 663-1075
Additional time info: