Set 3: Prokofiev, Haydn, Faure & Stravinsky
photo of concert trumpet
Set 3: Prokofiev, Haydn, Faure & Stravinsky at Marin JCC
* Sunday. January 14, 3:00 pm
Join Marin Symphony as we present Haydn’s stirring trumpet concerto, showcasing the exceptional talent of our principal trumpet, John Freeman.
Experience the brilliance of Prokofiev’s youthful and energetic “Classical” Symphony as it offers a fresh perspective on that era. Marin audiences will love guest conductor Kyle Dickson, who also brings us two more charming masterpieces of the early 20th century, providing a platform for our woodwinds to shine brilliantly.
Post-concert Q & A.
Kyle Dickson, conductor
John Freeman, trumpet
- Prokofiev: Symphony No.1 in D Major (“Classical”)
- Haydn: Trumpet Concerto in E-flat Major
- Faure: Pavane, Op.50
- Stravinsky: Pulcinella Suite
(run time approximately 1 hour 45 minutes, including intermission)
From Highway 101 in San Rafael, take the North San Pedro exit and head east. The Osher Marin JCC, at 200 N. San Pedro Road, is on the right-hand side, half a mile from the freeway exit.
* The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center's parking lot is located directly in front of the building with parking spaces for disabled patrons available.
* Additional parking is available at the JCC Annex lot, located at 210 N. San Pedro Road (just east of the main campus). In the event of multiple programs, or heavily attended events, overflow vehicles may be directed to available street parking or on adjacent properties.
* Evenings and weekends only: There is additional parking across the street at Venetia Valley School.