Please Note: This event has expired.
Summer Nights: Kuinka w/ Rainbow Girls
Modern folk and Americana with an electronic jolt – with food, cocktails, Kid Zone, and more
Kanbar Center for the Performing Arts
A new twist on Americana Folk in a beautiful in a beautiful, safe, family-friendly setting!
Described by NPR Music as joyous folk pop, Kuinka “laces modern folk and Americana with an electronic jolt, waltzing along the grooved edges of dream-pop, synth-pop, and Brooklyn’s mid-aughts guitar-rock revival” (Vanyaland).
Their genre-defying music features several different lead singers, four-part harmony, and eclectic instrumentation including cello, banjo, synthesizers, ukulele and electronic percussion.
For all of their sonic experimentation, the Seattle quartet’s songs and live shows are linked by an infectious energy that remains present in everything they do.
Rainbow Girls: Get ready to have a gang of sweet angels, punch you in the heart as Erin Chapin, Caitlin Gowdey, and Vanessa May – the dynamic trio known as Rainbow Girls – bring their rich harmonies, ageless songwriting, and soulful, bluesy sound in its rawest form to Summer Nights.
Kid Zone will be hosted by: O’Hanlon Center for the Arts
Dinners available for purchase on site from Farm Burger Marin.
Dinners, snacks, coffee, tea, sodas beer, wine, cocktails available for purchase or bring a picnic.
No glass or alcohol allowed to be brought in.
The Osher Marin JCC’s outdoor music series has been created to celebrate diversity, find commonalities, and bring generations together through live music. Five consecutive Saturday nights of great music, under beautiful Marin Skies in an intimate and beautiful setting.
2018 Summer Nights Series
7/7: Afro-Cuban – Ricardo Lemvo & Makina Loca
7/14: Hawaiian – Henry Kapono with Special Guest Johnny Valentine
7/21: Soul Jive – Royal Jelly Jive – Marin Academy’s: Kathryn & the PBAC opens
7/28: Americana Folk Pop – Kuinka with Special Guests The Rainbow Girls
8/4: Latin Big Band – Pacific Mambo Orchestra
* General Admission: $25 – Advance, $32 – Day of — including turf and rear chair seating
* Single Adult: $38 – Advance, $40 – Day of — seat at cabaret table
* Full Cabaret Table for 4 Adults: $140 – Advance only
* Full Picnic Table with 8 Adults: $240 – Advance only — near playground
* Kids 17 & under are FREE
Additional time info:
5:00 pm – Box Office Opens
6:00 pm – Doors open for sponsors, underwriters, Century Circle members, subscribers and special guests. Concessions and full bar open. Dinners available for purchase.
6:15 pm – Doors open for public
7:00 pm – Concert Begins
9:30 pm – Concert Over
200 N. San Pedro Rd., San Rafael, CA 94903
From Highway 101 in San Rafael, take the North San Pedro exit and head east. The Osher Marin JCC, at 200 N. San Pedro Road, is on the right-hand side, half a mile from the freeway exit.
* The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center’s parking lot is located directly in front of the building with parking spaces for disabled patrons available.
* Additional parking is available at the JCC Annex lot, located at 210 N. San Pedro Road (just east of the main campus). In the event of multiple programs, or heavily attended events, overflow vehicles may be directed to available street parking or on adjacent properties.
* Evenings and weekends only: There is additional parking across the street at Venetia Valley School.