Please Note: This event has expired.
The Colors of India: Dholrhythms Dance Company
The Kanbar Center at the Osher Marin JCC presents the 4th annual Winter Nights festival, with multicultural flavors, movement, live music and fun
MarinArts special offer! Use code MARTS for 10% discount
Punjab Dance Performance & Bollywood Dance Party with Dholrhythms Dance Company
Come visit The Colors of India through the beauty, colors, rhythms, sounds, and flavors, featuring Dholrhythms Dance Company.
An upbeat and joyful dance production tells the story of women in the villages of Punjab, India told through beautiful dance choreography weaved in with music, visuals, props, narration, live drumming, and song. Indian food, henna painting, and post-performance bhangra dance party will immerse you in the culture.
The dance performance will lead into dance instruction from the troupe itself, followed by a great dance party on the floor with Dholrhythms Dance Co accompanied by live dhol drummers.
Free bindis at the door, opportunities for Henna Painting and Indian food available for purchase from Epicurean Group’s own on-site pop-up restaurant.
Come shake off your winter blues with a joyful night of performance, dance and fun!
Watch, Learn, Participate, and Enjoy!
Based in San Francisco, Dholrhythms Dance Company is an organization dedicated to promoting the artistic and cultural heritage of India through the beautiful Bhangra and Giddha folk dances of Punjab, India. Since its inception in 2003, Dholrhythms has grown into a boundless and unique platform for people of diverse backgrounds to come together, express themselves, and dance in a non-competitive and positive environment.
Reserved Table Seating
– Advance: $30 – Public / $27 – JCC Members
– Day Of: $35
– Advance: $25 – Public / $22 – JCC Members
– Day Of: $30
Age 17 and under – All Ticket Types: $10
Additional time info:
7:00 pm – Doors, Pop up Restaurant, Concessions, No-host bar, Henna Painting
8:00 pm – Dance Performance
8:45 pm – Intermission
9:00 pm – Dance Lesson followed by Dance Party!
200 N. San Pedro Rd., San Rafael, CA 94903
From Highway 101 in San Rafael, take the North San Pedro exit and head east. The Osher Marin JCC, at 200 N. San Pedro Road, is on the right-hand side, half a mile from the freeway exit.
* The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center’s parking lot is located directly in front of the building with parking spaces for disabled patrons available.
* Additional parking is available at the JCC Annex lot, located at 210 N. San Pedro Road (just east of the main campus). In the event of multiple programs, or heavily attended events, overflow vehicles may be directed to available street parking or on adjacent properties.
* Evenings and weekends only: There is additional parking across the street at Venetia Valley School.