Please Note: This event has expired.
Mardi Gras Masquerade Re-Grand Opening
MC Arts Gallery presents its Re-Grand Opening with a Mardi Gras Masquerade!
The RE-GRAND OPENING of the MC ARTS GALLERY! is presenting it as a Mardi Gras Masquerade.
Come celebrate with us as we stand in gratitude for one year in a beautiful space for community arts and culture.
We are blessed and thankful for all the support that has kept us standing, and on Sunday October 17th we show out our appreciation.
Our Program for the day:
– 2:00-4:00 pm: Art is Health R&B Band. Includes: Spoken Word Poetry going deep into the meaning or the Mask and the nature of our Soul.
– 2:00-4:00 pm: Figure Drawing w/Live Model.
– 3:30 pm: Opening Meet and Greet.
– 4:00 pm: Ancestral Libations, Indigenous Land Acknowledgment w/ Tori from Center for the American Indian.
– 4:30-5:00 pm: Cuban Salsa Lessons w/ Ms. Sulkary.
– 5:00-6:00 pm: James Henry: Latin Funk.
– 6:00-6:30 pm: Audience Interactive Percussion/Dance Circle.
– 6:30 pm: Community Acknowledgements.
– 7:00-9:00 pm: DJ: Ebony Slam, including the popular SOUL TRAIN LINE!
Also: Art in the Parking Lot, Outdoor seating for food provided by local vendors & our neighborhood Mint & Chili Restaurant.
Bring your dancing shoes and wear a simple or fabulous MARDI GRAS MASK. Affordable comfortable, decorative masks are available in our online store (Go to Shop). Or make or purchase your own, traditional or creative costume mask. But please do get creative. Have fun with the theme! It is well past time to move your body, and unleash your creative spirit.
Pay sliding scale ($10-$25) at the door to cover our expenses, that also pays for someone else to get in for free. No one is turned away for lack of funds.
100 Donahue Ave, Suite 190-B, Marin City, CA 94965